Sintra provides you with a nature-friendly way to love your skin to the fullest.
This natural body butter is full of pure natural goodness no extras or nothing nasty.
Just 4 skin loving ingredients :
GRAPE SEED OIL
ARROW ROOT POWDER
...nothing else, simple and powerfully effective.
This body butter is good for dry and sensitive skin and even new born babies. It is a gentle and powerful combination of ingredients and is just amazing. With the added benefit of no allergens like almonds or coconut oil.
Shea butter is a skin superfood that comes from the seeds of the fruit of the Shea (Karite) tree. It may offer mild UV protection (up to SPF ~6) and provides the skin with essential fatty acids and the nutrients necessary for collagen production.
Shea butter has been used in Africa and many other locations for years to improve skin and hair.
- Moisturizing: The concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids in shea makes it incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for skin. It is often used to remedy dry skin and to help protect the skin’s natural oils.
- Reduces Inflammation: A 2010 study found that due to its cinnamic acid and other natural properties, shea butter was anti-inflammatory. One compound in particular, lupeol cinnamate, was found to reduce skin inflammation and even potentially help avoid skin mutations. This also makes it beneficial for some people with acne.
- Skin Smoothing: Shea aids in the skin’s natural collagen production and contains oleic, stearic, palmitic, and linolenic acids that protect and nourish the skin to prevent drying. With long-term use, many people report skin softening and strengthening as well as wrinkle reduction.
Within every colourful mango is a woody kernel – packed with nutrient-dense fats! Those fatty oils are pressed from the kernels and gently refined to create Mango Butter, a creamy moisturising butter that is perfect for conditioning hair and skin.
Because it’s rich in vitamin C, mango butter can help encourage a more plump and tighter look. It also promotes a firmer appearance on skin.
- Natural source of vitamin A: Vitamin A is one of the natural ingredients that encourages a revitalized, glowing look. Since mango butter is a natural source of vitamin A, it helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and increasing skin’s overall youthful look.
- Treats dry skin: Dry patches, flakiness, and even sensitive skin can benefit from daily application of mango butter, which goes to work deeply moisturizing. Oh, and don’t forget your lips—mango butter works great as a lip balm.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: Mango butter provides a more lasting type of moisturization, which can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles down the line.
- Protects from environmental stressors: This is a great perk with mango butter, when you apply it to your skin you carry around an extra bit of protection. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t wear sun protection, though!
Grape Seed Oil:
Technically, grapeseed oil is a by product of winemaking—once the grapes are pressed, the seeds are left over,
- Protects against free radicals: The antioxidants found in grapeseed oil, such as vitamin C, vitamin E, and pro-anthrocyanidin (phew), can help to prevent—and undo—pollution- and UV-induced free radical damage to the skin. The result? Skin that’s smooth and firm, and better protected against more serious issues too, such as skin cancer. (Remember: Free radicals are unstable molecules that can wreak havoc on your body’s cells.)
- Moisturizes and balances the skin: Back to the fatty acids, which can help improve your skin’s moisture level by reducing trans-epidermal water loss (where the skin loses water to the surrounding environment via evaporation): “Linoleic acid integrates into the cell membranes to fortify the skin barrier and smooth and soften skin.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E replenishes lipids that have been lost (the skin’s natural fats that help to maintain a protective barrier and hold onto moisture). If your skin is on the oily side, this moisture boost will also help slow oil production, which tends to strike because your skin thinks it’s too dry.
- Reduces inflammation: Some studies show that linoleic acid also has anti-inflammatory properties and may reduce inflammation in the skin’s epidermal (top) and dermal (middle) layers. The phytosterols (a type of molecule found in plants) in grape seeds may help control the skin’s inflammatory response, according to a review published in the Molecular Journal of International Sciences. This may make it a handy oil to have around if you have an inflammatory disorder like eczema or rosacea.
- Protects against free radicals: The antioxidants found in grapeseed oil, such as vitamin C, vitamin E, and pro-anthrocyanidin (phew), can help to prevent, and undo pollution, and UV-induced free radical damage to the skin, says Dr. Shainhouse. The result? Skin that’s smooth and firm—and better protected against more serious issues too, such as skin cancer. (Remember: Free radicals are unstable molecules that can wreak havoc on your body’s cells.)
Arrow Root Powder:
Arrowroot powder does not steal the natural moisture of the skin. Rather, it softens and penetrates the surface layer of the skin and makes it easier for moisture and other active skincare ingredients to go deeper into the skin. Arrowroot also helps in drying out and eliminating issues like rashes, blemishes, and sores gently. This amazing natural ingredient which has incredible shelf life is used to reduce the greasiness caused by natural butters shea and mango. This is my favourite ingredient to use in formulating it, as it's so versatile, safe and effective.
- Good for sensitive skin, babies, children, and people with allergies
- Unscented/No artificial preservatives
- Suitable for all skin types
- Vegan body butter
- External use only - body butter might melt during summer, that’s perfectly normal - pop it in the fridge and you are good to go. If you see oil residue on the top it is normal.
- Use within 6 months of opening.
Sintra Beauty is a sustainable company that creates products that are effective, nature-friendly, and suitable for all-skin types, even sensitive skin. That’s because we make sure that all the ingredients we use are high-quality and collected from natural sources. From soaps to body butters, we are proud to offer you a range of products that will never fail in soothing and nourishing your tired skin!