The herbs in this cough medicine have a traditional use in supporting the upper respiratory system and coughs affecting patients, whether dry or mucus producing.
Liquorice, Elecampane, Lobelia, White Horehound, Wild Cherry, Thyme, Mullein, Ginger, Peppermint Essential Oil. In a vegetable glycerine base.
Take 5ml, 3 times daily or as per practitioner's recommendation.
London Clinic of Nutrition recognise that the greatest health threats now arise from how we live, work and eat.
Seven basic principles characterise functional medicine:
- Acknowledging the biological individuality of each human being, based on the concepts of genetic and environmental uniqueness.
- Addressing the web-like interconnections of internal physiologic factors.
- Promoting organ reserve as a means of enhancing the health span, not just the lifespan, of each patient.
- Incorporating a patient centred rather than a disease centred approach to treatment.
- Seeking a dynamic balance among the internal and external factors in the patient body, mind and spirit.
- Identifying health as a positive vitality not merely the absence of disease and emphasising those factors encourage a vigorous physiology.
- Staying abreast of emerging research – a science based approach.