About our organic almond base
Our Organic Almond Base makes creating delicious almond drinks at home quick and easy. To make our almond base, we take 100% organic almonds, sustainably sourced from Italy. We carefully cold-press the nuts to extract their oils, then finely powder the remaining solids. This creates a fine powder which is soluble in water and highly concentrated in nutrients, such as iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus and calcium.
Our almond base is high in protein and fibre, and low in saturated fat, making it a healthy option, too.
- Great for: Making organic almond m*lk at home, whenever you need it! Also, perfect as a base for a creamy smoothie
- Nutrient profile: High in protein and fibre, low in saturated fat
- Minerals: Rich in calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and copper
- Vitamins: Rich in thiamin (B1), riboflavin (B2), and niacin (B3)
- Flavour: Smooth and nutty
- Why Erbology? Made from sustainably sourced 100% organic Italian almonds, our defatted almond base is soluble in water and free from any additives
- Top tip: Stir into hot or cold water and add a dash of honey or agave syrup to make almond m*lk on demand
How to use
Keep a jar in your cupboard until you’re ready to mix up a cup of almond m*lk. Then, simply stir 2 tsp into hot or cold water. Almond m*lk made using our almond base is great in coffee, on cereal, and in baking. You can also use the powder neat in baked goods like breads and cakes.
- We work with small organic farmers in Italy to grow our almonds sustainably.
- Our farmers hand-pick the nuts during their harvest season between August and September. They immediately dry and carefully store the unshelled nuts in humidity-controlled containers until they are ordered.
- Once ordered, the almonds are shelled and then cold-pressed and carefully ground into a fine powder. Around 2.5kg of almonds are needed to make 1kg of our almond base.
- We pack the almond base into environmentally-friendly amber glass jars and ship it to you, to enjoy at home.
100% organic cold-pressed almond base from almonds. Vegan. Gluten-free. Non-GMO. Small batch. Sustainably sourced from Italy.
How to enjoy:
Stir 2 tsp of our organic almond base into 100ml hot or cold water and mix until fully dissolved. Sweeten with honey and vanilla if you like. Refrigerate and consume within two days. Please recycle our packaging.
Holistic Approach - Organic - 100% Plant Based - Sustainable.
As a thought-leader in plant-based nutrition, Erbology is taking powerful plants and making them accessible everyday in delicious foods and drinks.
Irina and Victor Turcan are siblings hooked on whole foods, healthy living and weird-sounding roots and berries.
"The old Bessarabian countryside – a hidden gem in Eastern Europe – is probably not the place most people would look for inspiration. But the childhood summers we spent there were ones where we breathed in the scents of plums, quince, and goji berries that our grandma scattered to dry over unfolded newspapers. We hid behind sacks overflowing with walnuts.
We played in the milk thistle fields and climbed our favourite black cherry trees. And while we played, our babushka would feed sunroot leaves and amaranth to the goats, pick berries for us, or sip her favourite St John’s wort or dogwood tea.
It was idyllic, a place seemingly lost in time. And since we haven’t yet worked out how to recreate the past, we decided to at least try to tap into the wholesome living we once enjoyed – and to share it with you."